Harry Styles' "As It Was" and Shawn Mendes' "When You're Gone"

Moderators: heff, jdenver, muzicmann1

arlington80

Harry Styles' "As It Was" and Shawn Mendes' "When You're Gone"

Post by arlington80 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:31 pm

These two songs shot up the chart in their second weeks on, 26-18 for Harry Styles and 37-23 for Shawn Mendes. Will these songs keep climbing to shake up the Top 10? Need some strong new songs to refresh the upper rungs on the chart.

donobrian

Re: Harry Styles' "As It Was" and Shawn Mendes' "When You're Gone"

Post by donobrian » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:25 am

The Harry Styles song is so important for CHR and Hot ac right now. It's a first listen undeniable hit from one of the most popular artists.
The latest songs from Shawn Mendes and Lauv are decent and decent is a good thing with the current music situation.

Also, after about 4 months or so, it seems that the corporate programmers have finally figured out that "Numb little bug" is a hit. I guess that's not bad, it took them 20 months to figure out that Heatwaves was a hit. I heard it first from having Australia's Triple J playing in the background, which was now 2 years ago. I turned it up knowing that it was special. I then found it somewhere online for a second listen and I got it. It would have been nice if American corporate programmers got it as well, at least within a year or so. lol

It's a shame, the people with the ears that can tell a hit song immediately, while also knowing the stiffs to avoid or exactly when it should be dropped (artists with past success get their chances) have chosen different careers, as with radio, and I learned this right away, it's an industry of fear where if your boss realizes your special skill set, he or she will view you as a threat rather than an asset.