All Access 3.0 wishlist

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
csnoah98

All Access 3.0 wishlist

Post by csnoah98 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:35 pm

Looking forward to the redesign. Hopefully it will be a bit more compatible with Firefox. I have a heck of a time getting it to load with FF and resort to IE for this site alone. Not sure what the issue is. Anybody else have this problem?

Secondly, please, please, PLEASE lose the "logon sound". I'm begging here. Not only does it just drive me nuts, but it sounds very 1996. I used to have an OM that didn't want anybody on AA during business hours. I'd hear that "bloo bloo bleep" echo out of a prod room and see him storm down the hall to chew out some poor jock.

Will NetTalk become threaded/categorized like so many other message boards?

Keep up the good work guys!

bossjock, 9/17/2009 2:45:51 PM
Message #243864

joeturner

Re: All Access 3.0 wishlist

Post by joeturner » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:48 am

I wish the first thing I saw on the new 3.0 was anything but John Hogan's mug. Talk about sell-out. Way to go, All Access.

robinson

Post by robinson » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:18 pm

Having some Forum issues with FireFox as well. Slow to load and I'm getting an error even though I can access the posts. Site looks good though...sure to be some bugs to iron out.

nick91406
Site Admin

Post by nick91406 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:42 pm

Yeah robinson the site WILL be much more FF friendly...and YES major rollouts always have a few bugs to squash. I am one of the guys wearing huge rubber boots doing the squashing.

robinson wrote:Having some Forum issues with FireFox as well. Slow to load and I'm getting an error even though I can access the posts. Site looks good though...sure to be some bugs to iron out.

pepperjack

Post by pepperjack » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:00 pm

I used to be Bossjock and posted the comment that started this thread, but my profile wouldn't work so I redid it under a new username. Not sure why that is. Shame. I had that name since the start of AA.

First: Sorry to see that Goddamned logon sound is still there. BLOO BLOO BLEEP!!! Reminds me of "You've Got Mail!!" Lame.

I like the threaded boards. PHPBb is a great program. I use it on many of the sites I admin as well.

I've had zero problems with Firefox on the redesign so kudos on that. I would comment on the "incompatiblilty with IE 6". Any web admin knows IE is the absolute most popular platform. The stats show it and the unwashed masses love it. Asking someone to upgrade their browser for a website is absurd. The ownness is on the designer. Period. Make it backwards compatible.

On the "read more" links, that is standard on the web. As Jeff from Fark.com stated, you'll get over it. Gotta maximize that front page real estate, and personally, 85% of the headlines don't make me want to read the whole story. If I'm that curious, I can click a link. Not a prob. Overall, a very nice job.

BLOO BLOO BLEEEP!!!!

'Scuse me. I may have farted.

KOOL Listener Lauren

Post by KOOL Listener Lauren » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:59 am

Pepperjack,
Your old profile might work again. Mine wasn't yesterday, and AllAccess kept asking me to login whenever I wanted to post (and couldn't get beyond that page)- but here I am. It works! Yours may, too.

AllAccess did a great job with the site!

AfternoonAfterburner

Post by AfternoonAfterburner » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:22 pm

csnoah98 wrote:Secondly, please, please, PLEASE lose the "logon sound". I'm begging here. Not only does it just drive me nuts, but it sounds very 1996. I used to have an OM that didn't want anybody on AA during business hours. I'd hear that "bloo bloo bleep" echo out of a prod room and see him storm down the hall to chew out some poor jock.
Yes, please. I'm at a small market station, and from time to time I've pulled up AA while I'm on my air shift, and been playing a prerecorded segment off Adobe Audition out of the same computer, and suddenly BLOOP BLOOP BLEEP over the air...FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Rodman

Post by Rodman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:01 pm

There is no AAA format anymore??? WTF?? Please add AAA back!! Pretty please!! :)

voxandrew

Post by voxandrew » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:12 am

I'll too agree on the LOGO sound. Not a MAJOR issue, but feel it's not really needed. We know we're logging into AllAccess, and don't need to logo sound to remind us.

Also, on the AA v2.0, I could have my browser save not only my login, but my password as well, making logging in a simple as clicking on my bookmark for All Access. Now I have to enter my password EVERY TIME I come to the site. It will remember my login, just not my password. Can we present this as an option to remember the password too?
I understand that this is a security feature, so perhaps it can be optional?

chrisc

Post by chrisc » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:19 pm

It would be nice if you page down and it does not skip 6 lines.