Radio Wives

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
fmdj1

Re: Radio Wives

Post by fmdj1 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:42 pm

We've averaged a move about once every 2 years in the 10+ years we've been married. I'd say my wife is pretty patient, but I'm trying to move up the management chain to a more stable gig. She would like to settle down.

fmdj1

Re: Radio Wives

Post by fmdj1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:08 am

They ALL at some point want to settle down, and if you have kids it gets even tougher. i lost 2 wives over radio and the "Moving" - but i've been married now for over 20 years, we've made 4 moves and she's had enough, its down to my "Career" or Marriage- it eventually comes to that and unless you're a Knucklehead you know what to do. can't get a job here so, you have to get Creative. i LOVE Radio but i'm not going to let it destroy my LIFE again in the process.
Wow, you've been through the mill. I wish you the best in your endeavors. Hopefully with the uptick in revenues for stations and the need to get more localized to compete in the new media environment more local radio jobs will start opening up again soon.