New Q station in Chi town? Who is in charge?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
klec

New Q station in Chi town? Who is in charge?

Post by klec » Mon May 07, 2012 11:15 am

"WKQX is back! You can now find it on 87.7FM. Go ahead...tell people that Alternative is back on the radio in Chicago - but don't let everybody know. If the wrong people find out, we could get shut down again. Here's the deal: older radios won't pick us up...so if someone has a radio that doesn't get 87.7FM, then they don't get it. It's like when someone calls you from their phone. WTF?!? "Dude…are you dying? Just send me a text!""

That is lame.

Really. Trying really too hard to be cool for the room and you are obviously not. #facepalm

There are some REAL passionate people available out there that can be game changers. "WTF, Dude are you dying, just send me a text" is not going to cut it. Neither will the lame graphics on the web page. How about looking for these people?

ralanj

Re: New Q station in Chi town? Who is in charge?

Post by ralanj » Thu May 10, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm sure like you feel you've got the secret to Q87.7's success, but I can tell you from experience that one of the nation's best programmers is on the case. Don't worry. He's on it. It's a challenge to launch any station, let alone one with so much history and expectations behind it.

It'll be awesome. Give it a chance and some time.

Trust me, i'm a random guy on the internet. I know of what I speak.

mbass85

Re: New Q station in Chi town? Who is in charge?

Post by mbass85 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:54 am

merlin media...the company that flipped the switch on q101 from emmis has now brought it back as "the Q",which is pathetic. horrible imaging, and very weak automated playlist thus far. i am not expecting much from randy michals trying to recreate a station that had bitten the dust a long time ago,before he bought it.