Thank you Mr. Smulyan

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
zebster

Thank you Mr. Smulyan

Post by zebster » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:50 am

There are lots of stories about how awful corporate radio is.
So I'm really happy to report that Jeff Smulyan, the head of Emmis, owners of the legendary KGSR and others, is among the business leaders who wrote the Governor and the Legislators in Indiana asking them to fix the "Religious Freedom Restoration Act" so it can't be used to justify discrimination.
Thank you sir!
Zeb Norris
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bus ... /70693326/

danno

Re: Thank you Mr. Smulyan

Post by danno » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:31 pm

There have been alot of "Knee Jerk" reactions about this issue. and if You are Fair, you know there are always two sides to every issue and there are arguments for both sides, so don't be too fast to make that reaction... i feel we are Reliving the "hands up don't shoot" Myth and Hysteria of a few months ago, with a different subject. i guess its Good PR for Smulyan to jump on the popular bandwagon of the week, but Not really Guts.

jayfisher

Post by jayfisher » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:08 am

Well, where was the reaction in 1993 when Pres. Clinton signed the same friggin' law? Obama is Illinois when he did? Knee jerk indeed.

zebster

Post by zebster » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:40 am

The bill is not the same as the federal bill. That's what the uproar was about. If you do just a little bit of research you will see this is true.
And it has absolutely nothing to do with policing issues.
Jeez guys; you want to complain but it looks like even you know you got bupkis.