How to Get a Job at a 50,000 Watt News Station

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
q

How to Get a Job at a 50,000 Watt News Station

Post by q » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:31 am

What a condescending post that is. How about you talk down to me a little more. I'm sure if I talked to management at that station like that it wouldn't go over at all. Such unproductive communication.

Instead, how about just being nice and respectful. State what you're looking for and go from there. If people still send you packages that make no sense, great! That's a good way to filter out those that don't get it.

chomen

Re: How to Get a Job at a 50,000 Watt News Station

Post by chomen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:10 pm

I think arrogant might be the right word to describe that job listing, but condescending is close. All Access is the music radio website, basically. I'd say 95%, so why would you post a job here if you're looking for an actual journalist?

KSL would have better results by posting their news gigs at JournalismJobs.com -- if they're looking for hardcore journalists and not radio newsreaders.

chomen

Re: How to Get a Job at a 50,000 Watt News Station

Post by chomen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:12 pm

KSL is telling us what kind of treatment to expect there. I would call it a negative work environment, judging by the job post. It's likely that those who qualify for this position might be avoiding it based on the neurotic tone of the job requirements.