Advice from Radio

Got a great idea? Need a great idea? Share it! Please, no freelance, VO/Imaging or other business plugs!
follownoone

Advice from Radio

Post by follownoone » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:41 pm

Hello All,

My Rock Act, Follow No One just won best Rock Duo/Group at the largest Independent Music Awards in the world(The JMA Awards in Nashville).

What is the best way for us to capitalize on this achievement and get some love from the active/main/alt rock stations for airplay for our nominated song and perhaps even some interviews?

I hope this is not off-topic. I appreciate your assistance.

God Bless,

Rich Hall
Follow No One

mkmusic76

Re: Advice from Radio

Post by mkmusic76 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:44 am

Hire a radio promotions company. Sorry to say but this is an industry where someone has to get to paid to get your song on the air. Sure you can find some non-reporting stations in small markets, etc. But to chart, you need to have a professional working it.

joelwitkowski

Re: Advice from Radio

Post by joelwitkowski » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:12 pm

Radio stations are staffed by human beings. Human beings like pizza. Pick the biggest station nearest to you that is ignoring your requests for airplay. Send them a pizza, or bring it in personally. Then, be a real pain and refuse to take no for an answer. This is what I have seen work for others.
But mkmuisc76 is truly right. If you want to go big with exposure, you'll need a promotions person with industry contacts.
Good luck!